View Single Post
      05-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #3295
Akleifg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
I'm in Richardson and don't mind letting you drive if you want to check it out. I have coilovers and all the m3 bits. I did the m3 bits myself and might have started there dollar for dollar on improvements. I had a sport suspension to being with so that might be different if you're on the regular. I need new front tires and an alignment so give me a week to do that (tho its riding true up to excess speeds - off alignment is making the front end feel floaty 80mph+ right now)

These cars are very finicky on alignment before the upgrade.. anything off feels even more pronounced after upgrades. I go through tires like nobody's business now too (something I didn't think about).. mostly bc I hit every corner I can when I can.. but i'm sure the stiffness is harder on the tires on its own. Get rid of run flats once you replace the suspension (I think the stock is softened due to the harder oem run flats so regular tires might feel like suspension downgrade without a change in springs and struts).

if you do the control arms etc.. once you see the oem compared to the solid piece m3 part you'll understand why there's a huge difference there. some of the oem 335i control arms look like stamped flat metal sheeting that they bent into a bar shape.. yuck.

I'm very novice - this has been my first mod car - but I've been paying attention and doing a lot of reading along the way.

Rob
Ohlins R&T - M3 suspension bits
Spec Stg 2 Clutch Kit & Alum Flywheel, Qualfe LSD
Appreciate 0