View Single Post
      06-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #171
redz06
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i sedan

Non Luxury Car

Sorry, I think of my BMW as a performance car, not a luxury car. My 335i sedan is my daily driver, and I have a much more performance-oriented car for weekend use. My previous daily driver was an Infiniti G35. So to answer the question, Yes, I would go back to my Infiniti G35 if the 335i does not meet my needs. As a matter of fact, My G35i was one of the best cars I have owned.

Would I go back to a front wheel drive car, say a Honda Accord? Not likely unless I were to move to snow country. For southern locations, I will always favor the better driving performance and dynamics of RWD. Likewise, I would not go to a 4WD car.

What is the chance that the 335i will not meet my needs? The 335i still seems over-engineered to me, and I am an engineer by profession. Specific dislikes:
  1. Having to register the battery on this car. This is ridiculous and an insult to the owners intelligence.
  2. Cost of repair after the warranty expires. Even now the HPFP problem prevails. I am pretty sure that my 2011 is afflicted with this problem.
  3. Chassis could use 60 to 100 more HP, it is available but cannot be accessed without voiding the warranty.
  4. Professional audio system is crap. Unless the owner is deaf, $1500 to $2500 must be spent to upgrade the system to achieve decent sound.

Of course, the F30 is worse than the E90 in many respects. If I lost my 335i tomorrow, I would not purchase an F30 to replace it. I might purchase an Infiniti G37, if I could find a 6MT. That is the rub. I do believe that BMW will produce a better car than the F30 someday, but that is not today, or tomorrow.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0