01-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #24
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Oooohhhhhh Sounds awesomeee.. welcome onboard brotha!

Bet she flies compared to the 4pot! Bet you're chuffed!!

What's the spec?
Thanks bro

It definitely blew on the test drive. The BMW guy was really good, he let me take it on a 10-12 mile test drive, and i got up to, well lets say high speed, on a few occasions before he very gently reminded me of the speed limit. I love the fact you can have auto when feeling lazy (which I am sometimes) and then use the paddles when you want to give it some! But it was funny when i first started, was naturally looking for the clutch pedal and gear shift when slowing down. Also, you can actually hear the engine and the car just feels flat and grippy around corners, body roll vastly reduced compared to my 320D. With NRFT it will probably improve even further. I was suprised with the ride with 19" alloys. I was expecting it to be rock hard but it actually felt nice coming from my car.

Its a Pre LCI with around 35k on the clock. Sparkling graphite and coral red dakota interior with 19" style 230 alloys. I will definitely put pics up and more of my impressions and plans for the future when i get the car. However i can say my first mod will be ordering those M3 paddle shifts from Ibinco today

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Congrats Mob.
I guess you have to start taking out your ICE now....
Thanks Haha yeah going to start that today! It is a bit annoying that i did all of this and now have to take it all out again. Only issue i may have is that morels and coupe doors, and maybe the IB baffle, but I don't mind waiting until i can sort it! It's also got the old iDrive but these issues became such a minor to me once i actually experienced the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
... and you'll have problems fitting those Morels in! I'll keep an eye on the Classifieds section
Thanks. Yeah will need some of those adaptors, unless i can fabricate one myself! But if you do see one it would be really helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Congrats Mob, cant wait to see pics is it pre lci or lci?
Thanks It's a pre LCI.

This next week is going to be the longest of my life. Have to take all the stuff out plus just waiting for the car
Appreciate 0