10-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
I don't see how he is ripping anyone off, he's not withholding any information and he's not pricing an item higher than brand new. It's not too far off from what I sold my Remus Race for.

There are a lot of items that sell for 85% the cost of new in the classifieds everyday especially when they are hardly used at all. It's probably one of only a couple Remus Race's in Canada as well.
He is asking for $1450 + OEM Muffler swap (150-200 in value). So basically he wants his money back for a used mufflers?

I offered him $500 + OEM mufflers and explained the reasoning as to why that was fair so he didn't think I was lowballing.

My reasoning is used Remus exhausts sell for $700-750 not including an OEM muffler swap. Take off the 150-200 for what the OEM mufflers are worth and you get $500 which is a fair offer.

He obviously is smart enough to see my offer was fair and my reasoning was legitimate, but chose to delete my post so others could not see. There was no need to delete my post as I made an offer, and supported why I offered him that much money.

Last edited by shaginwagon13; 10-30-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0