Rep
Drives: with both feet

Garage List
2015 VW Golf R  [5.50]
2014 Audi SQ5  [10.00]
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
I got the Stett Stg 2 oil cooler before my first track event because I knew the car needed it. Nothing wrong with that, you'll most likely hit unsafe oil temps if you don't have something like it.
Makes sense. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the ER Competition Dual Oil Coolers (link to more pics).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
I'd imagine meth and/or e85 would have significant cooling benefits on the racetrack. The problem is going to be ensuring your meth is working properly on the track (yet another thing that can not work properly out there, when there are already plenty) and sourcing E85 to bring to the track.

In theory though, logistics and complexity aside E85/meth would have significant benefits.
The JB4 controls my meth flow and has a built in failsafe. I plan on topping off the meth in between each session. Another perk of the JB4 is that it let's me hijack the fuel or oil gauges to monitor meth flow and coolant temps. I plan on keeping the oil gauge to monitor oil temps and alternating the fuel gauge between meth flow and coolant temps. I'll let you know how things hold up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
you need to ditch the JB4, and get a flash tune for track duty. The factory software is still active and will try its best to sabotage your fun. Meth is toxic, so it didn't get much attention on this thread. BrianMN used it though. Ask him about it.
Can you provide some examples of how the OEM software interferes? I'm assuming you're talking about traction control issues?
I've loved the JB4 so far and it has a lot of perks like reading codes, downpipe fix, limiting boost in 1st and 2nd gears, plus setting a max boost. I keep my max boost set at 14.5 psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Hi,
as you have a 6MT you'll have far less heat induced problems. I've driven my car in summer heat on a tight course (= nightmare for 6AT coolant temps) where it would overheat within 2 or 3 laps, despite massive cooling upgrades. Same day I drove a friends 6MT for 25 minutes session without issues. He only had upgraded his stock OC with a Setrab core.

So in your place I would get the ER Sports upgrade, maybe even the dual competition package if you want to be safe in any condition.

Greets,
Christian
I took your advice!
And thanks for the welcome, I'm really excited about going to the track for the first time in my own car. I did the Exotics Racing thing in Vegas a few months ago and that's what got me hooked. Hopefully, I won't be posting on this thread anymore.