10-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #311
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Was great fun today with George and Nick! I am glad I went. Wet first session, did not take much to slide around, but got dryer at each session, so the afternoon sessions were completely on the dry. Nick's cousin from Greece got a ride from an instructor.

George did his best lap yet! I'll let him talk about it. Nick was hauling too. I and the car were quite slow today, but I still enjoyed it tremendously. It must be not enough practice + my car seem to have no juice. e.g. Down the front straight I usually bring it up to 165 and shift to 4, nothing that fast today, back straight, full throttle all the way, feels immobile, but 2-300 metres from the braking point is when it suddenly wants to move ahead.

Oh, I miss smoking soooo much! 5 months so far, but gosh was it an enjoyable habit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
What the....... there was a track day today???

Oh crap......... it was NEQ?? Doh!!!!!!!1 I forgot. I thought you guys were just going for a drive.
Nope, BMW QC event, in honor of thanking instructors and advanced solos for a great season. BMW did 4 LCMT event this year.....