View Single Post
      05-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Mr.335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Was it smart to walk?

Went to go see 2 4.6is in Jersey yesterday.

Went to go see this one on route 22
2002 Bmw X5 4.6is For Sale In Hillside NJ - ASH Auto Sales

Lots of cosmetic problems. I mean cheap/easy fixes if everything else was ok. The oil pan was full of oil it looked like. On start up I sworn I heard a grinding noise.

Service record though is what kept me going for it. It was serviced at paul miller then sold to auction and then I'm assuming just went straight to this dealer.
The guy wasn't moving from 12,500. What was funny to was that I thought cruise control wasn't working since on my e92 the bottom stalk is for cruise control. After pointing this out and looking like an ass the guy said it was a button on the wheel to activate it. What I did find out though is that the bottom stalk is for retracting and moving around the steering wheel. Guess that didn't work though. Guy didn't appreciate that.

There was another one I checked out at a suzuki dealer. Listed it for 9,995.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Car looked much better then the black one. Bmw roundels definitely needed to be replaced. Cheap fix. Opening the hood though looked like there was dry oil all over the place, there was a rag inside a corner by the fender. Plastic cover was off. Inside of the car was clean though.

Cluster had the pixel problem, mirrors did not fold in. They popped out after trying to retract. The rear lift gate I'm assuming the bottom portion is power, and both buttons did not let it release down?

After driving it for 10 minutes I heard a weird sound. Couldn't have been a wheel bearing since it went away but it was there for a good 10-20 min. (Was a very long test drive since memorial day parade closed off the roads back to the dealership ) Only sound that worried me. Transmission shifted smooth. Power delivery was smooth as well no hiccups.

Dealer was definitely not willing to settle though.

They were asking 9,995 + tax + DMV + document fees + PDI check. + a 695 dealer fee

In the end they were looking at 12,500.

vehicle had 115,000 miles. I didn't even negotiate vehicle price..just fees since I was going to finance through them.

PDI check was 1895, Document fees were 295. I asked to waive the dealerfee and they hit me with 11595. I asked remove the PDI check i'll take it as is and they got themselves a deal. 9700 out the door. Apparently thats to low. They said they can reduce it to 495. After stating 495 for what since there not going to be servicing the car. They said its for buffing and washing the car LOL .

So walking out the manager came after me (Someone I wasn't even dealing with since the salemans was helping me and the General Manager that didn't want to negotiate) and told me they own the car for 9,995. I offered them 10,500 as a final offer. (One of there offers to me with 495 buffering fee LOL, was 10,844). 10,500 seems reasonable, or was that to much of pushing it?

As much as I want this truck I don't want a "Want" to tear me up since the number they were asking for was close to my final number.

Would you guys/ladies walk to? (Sorry for wall of text)

(Posted this on xoutpost.com) Figured that some of you's would have had experience of X5's or at least can help me out if this was a good decision.

Last edited by Mr.335; 05-28-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0