09-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #77
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Velvet Orchid M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCoupe_782 View Post
So I just got back from Vegas and was at the fight. I flew in especially and the experience was definitely worth it.

I stayed at the MGM Grand - and the whole place was buzzing from Saturday morning onwards. There was a massive Ortiz contingent; they were talking shit all day. I had very good seats - close to the ring and pretty damn expensive -- but I was surrounded by belligerent Ortiz fans and it definitely kept things interesting. You should have heard the boos when Money came out with 50 cent. Every time Floyd did anything he was booed. Anytime Ortiz made a run the crowd they went nuts. Everyone was on his side naturally. The fight was exciting until the KO and I honestly think people in the crowd were just stunned at the result...with a mixture of anger and bewilderment. The words that Mayweather had with Merchant at the end was ridiculous...but it made for entertaining boxing.

I'm an extremely loyal Mayweather fan, so of course I'm glad he won. IMO he's the best lb for lb boxer in the game and one of the all-time greats. His speed, accuracy, stamina, technical ability and defense are the best I've ever seen. I truly believe he was right when he said Ortiz would have gone gone down anyway. Mayweather was clearly winning the fight before the controversial KO. I was a tad bit disappointed by the short length of the fight...but it's a W for the money team nonetheless. As far as the debate: Mayweather's KO was completely legal and opinions will vary according to who you supported. Mayweather fans will say Ortiz deserved it ...keep your hands up and protect yourself at ALL times. We found Ortiz's behavior to be a bit bizzare with too much hugging and trying to make up. Anyone who knows Mayweather knows he's crafty and was going to do something to retaliate. That headbutt was straight nasty and completely illegal. Ortiz fans will see it as a "cheap" shot to an unsuspecting Ortiz. Whatever the case, it was a KO even though it wasn't done in the prettiest or classiest of manners. I'm just pissed I didn't go with my instinct and bet on a Mayweather KO before the 6th round. I forget what the exact odds were at the betting tables but some dudes made A LOT of cash.

I won't go into the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather debate. That's just a fight that needs to happen. Pacman needs to take the test. End of.
+2!