View Single Post
      03-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #19
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Ok, Im just going to add my $.02 here.

For those of you that are running stock street tires at the strip DO NOT roll through the water/bleach pit. You dont have slicks, this will only make you lose traction more because it will get between the rain grooves. Roll around the pit and try to do a quick 2 rotation burnout. Youre not looking for smoke or some crowd pleasing spinning. Just a quick warmup. Also, put the tire pressure more around 25-28.

Definitely shift around 6300-6500. Theres no reason to take it to redline to ween any extra power out of it. Youre already out of the powerband. If youre doing it because you think youll be in a better powerband in the next gear, it wont matter. The torque comes on at 1400 and stays there. You could shift at 4500 rpm and still be in the meaty part of the powerband. It has nothing to do with trying to get the best boost psi. Shifting should only take .3 to .5(if youre getting the hang of it) each. You can try powershifting(leaving the foot on the throttle between shifts) but could burn out the clutch sooner.

Good luck!
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0