View Single Post
      02-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
chuson
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Need suggestions to upgrade the "Professional" system.

Hi everyone, first time posting in the audio section. I'm driving the Canadian LCI 328xdrive with "Professional" audio, it has 2 tweeter in front, 2 speaker in the front door, I guess 2 sub under the front seats, and 2 speaker in the real panel.

I have done alot of researches on e90 forum and read as many post as possible, but, I still need some opinions as some of you are expert!

From the info I gathered...
1. The original paper cone speaker sucks, so replacement is needed.
2. The OEM head-unit is weak, only supply 15W to 4 channel is that right? So it has to change or add an amp to power up the new speakers.

My requirement:
I don't need any fancy speaker that cost $500 each, and I don't need the subs to shake the car next to me @ the traffic light. All I want is a balance audio system that is better than my previous Acura TSX. What is the cheapest, YES, cheapest way to upgrade to fulfill my requirement? Currently my bass is flat, some mid, and high keeps chipping. I've tried various EQ settings, check my MP3 quality but I have narrow it down it's the BMW sound system that contribute to this poor result.

I tried to search for package (speakers+amp+ or subs) online but no luck, and I want to do it right the first time with lowest budget as possible.

I need some basic direction, throw me a few key words and I will go look for it online. If you did tons of research before, and have something to recommend, please give the brand model#/and price.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0