335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeliber View Post
Just got a set of Blizzak LM-25s 225/45/17 RFs and I put them on a used set of 159s that I put together from a couple other members around here. Recent snowfall proves them more than adequate pretty rough but not too bad, they are winters after all. No issues getting up medium grade hills with a couple inches of unpacked snow.

Trouble is, on wet or even dry (but slightly sandy/salty) roads I can't keep them from spinning even with around half throttle (traction control takes over quite often). Not sure if it is the tires or the torque as I only had the stock conti pros on for a few days when I bought the car and there was no snow (and thus no salt/sand).
Hmmm, that's too bad. My experience with them has been quite good in terms of smoothness and traction on wet and damp cold roads. My only gripe when I first got them was they didn't seem to track as straight as my OEM RFTs. Now I guess I have just got used to them. I have trouble breaking loose even when I nail it. My OEM RFTs all-seasons were slippery when damp out or cold.
Appreciate 0