04-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #561
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrab View Post
Does the new 2013 Version 1A display the speed limit?

That's one feature that I miss... my el-cheapo Garmin displays the current speed limit, but my BMW cannot!
No

But I used to be a garmin advocate until I tried to apply the latest updates to my Nuvi 500, it's now pretty much a brick... not enough memory to install the latest updates, won't recognize a Micro SD card, I did get a reply from Garmin tech support with some procedure to work around this but haven't had enough free time to futz with it yet. At some point I'm going to have to get it fixed though because I'm going to want to drive my Jeep somewhere... (or just buy a new one but that offends me. And even if I did, I would like to keep the 500 for motorcycle use as it's small and waterproof.)

As a workaround for the speed limit thing, I have a car kit for my phone and am running Trapster on it, makes my dash look a little cop-like with both the navi screen and a phone lit up, but using the built in nav for navigation and Trapster to keep an eye on my speed and also presence of LEOs, construction, etc. works out really well.
Appreciate 0