Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb View Post
Sorry to hear it didn't work.

Sounds like your car hasn't had the CIC software updated. When in Nav mode can you press the idrive controller and make the little window go away? If not, then you probably have the older CIC software which doesn't have the ability to update from USB. I don't think anyone's found a way around this. If you have any warranty coverage left, research the shopping cart bug as a possible way to get them to do the update under warranty.

On my 2010 the dealer did a full software update in the course of adding satellite radio, so this is probably why it worked fine on mine.

The stick from Tischer has the same contents as the stick MMME30W is using. It won't work if the CIC software isn't at a version level which allows maps updates from USB.
No problem gpb.

I tried to see if I have the 'shopping cart bug' but the results were inconclusive just now when I tried in the car.

Any thoughts on how to leverage the files on the stick onto one or more DVDs?
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0