Respect my Authoritay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi ED

Garage List
2006 330xi ED  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flicks28 View Post
It appears you are on your 3rd week now for lifters?? Have you had a loaner for that period?? I went out and started my car to see if the ticking was there tonight, but nothing. The engine was still warm though.

Is there anyone who posted early in this thread that had the cams, lifters, etc replaced and has no reoccuring problem?

Thanks for posting the audio file. The same exact noise I heard today.

On the second attempt to duplicate the problem, they were not able to troubleshoot and verify the lifter noise. When they brought the car around for me to pick it up, it was finally audible in their presence. I took the car home that night, knowing if I left it we wouldn't see it for at least a month otherwise. They discussed the case with the Regional tech the next day, who was finally the one to to say there is air getting in the system, yes, replace all the lifters. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since the order was placed. I don't want them to start working on my engine until they at least have the parts and know what they are doing with them. I am hoping this lag will buy us more time until BMW comes up with a better fix (ie-permanent solution) to this problem.