Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 325i - on 19"s

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [10.00]
325i here

Quote:
Originally Posted by motosport3 View Post
I got the same issue reported back at 56,181 miles. I'm now about to hit 61k miles.

2006 330i. The amount of oil seeping looks about the same and I haven't needed to add any oil.

What do you guys think?

One San Francisco shop has quoted me $725 for the repair. Anyone know of a shop w/ a better price? Thanks.
hey, ive got the same crap going on with my car. recently purchased it and it had that deposit of oil along side the engine visible but i thought it was probably oil that had spilled over from a refill perhaps. but i guess not. my car is drinking gasoline like its nothing. even on short drives. this is the only symptom i have. the other problem was a rough start but that was fixed today after i installed a fresh battery. almost felt like a misfire but it was the car struggling to start off the battery. still have to get that registered ?? its rated: 910CCA/760CA

anyways. your pictures are not as bad as my 06 325i is with 142,000kms - i went to get my safety certificate today and was told that that valve cover gasket needs changing as the mechanic knew this was common with bmw straight 6s. anyways - i got quoted 220$ for the job and am thinking ill get a set of spark plugs installed while mechanic is under the hood. another $100. so hopefully once i get this stuff changed "Profile-gasket, set of aluminum?? screws, gasket." i should be back to getting normal gas mileage? right now comp shows 11L/100kms - its drinking gas worse than my w211 e500 was.. its quite crap

please advise. ive got the front screws that are visible full of oil. its even dripping oil from time to time in the garage. very slowly though and only after a hard drive i guess. yeah and i guess i cant drive it hard until she's fixed anymore. until this morning i was giving her a beating down the straights. sigh. damn these german cars and their weird issues

Last edited by striderg3; 11-17-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 0