lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post
OP, you must be mistaken, afterall BMW assured us that no car older than March 2007 could be stolen using this method... surely they can't have lied AGAIN?

Absolute bollocks and now a 3rd lie from BMW (1st = "BMW wheels don't crack, owners must be driving them down pot holes", 2nd = "BMW's can't be stolen using the OBD method", 3rd = "Only BMW's from 3/2007 to 2010 can be stolen using the OBD method".

Can you call BMW and tell them you have had your car stolen in this way? What have the Police said?
i have spoke with bmw and as far as they were aware its only m power models being targeted.
they would not confirm or deny wether cars older than 2007 could be stolen but as watchdog was aired 5 weeks ago they should have a security fix in 3 weeks but they can`t confirm what models it will cover.
i accused them of covering it up and hoping it would go away!

I may speak to watchdog myself.

The police rang me this morning to say they have fianalised the case and nothing was being picked up on the amrp cameras which i find hard to believe,there aren`t many blue m sports driving around in the 7 hour time slot in which it was parked up,stolen and reported.