GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrogmbh View Post
Hello from the UK..

I have a 130i, with the i-Drive system. I'd like to get the software updated to the same revision as you reference here to overcome sluggish operation and slow boot-up, along with the new graphics :-)

My question is : Where do you guys get the SI B information? is it a BMW NA resource or global. I.e. is there information on the E87 (a car obviously not available in the US)

Thanks in Advance.
I apologize that I won't be able to help you with the UK, but I can put in my experience with BMW Canada in trying to get an update. First off, incase you didn't know, BMW North America really only means BMW USA. So when I brought the SIB in and explained that I'm suffering from at least 2 of the problems which have been corrected with the latest Progman version, I was told that it doesn't apply to Canadian cars and that the individual problems would have to be assigned specifically to my VIN and displayed on their computers before any action would be taken. For example, I have a problem where my CD keeps spinning after the car is shut down, this was fixed in v.22, but here in Canada because they do not recognize the SIB, they would rip out my CD player and attribute it to a hardware defect, in the end I'd still have the same problem.

The only way I can get an update is to pay for an oem alarm to be installed, my car came with v.20 which is incompatible with the siren, so I'm waiting for a totally stable version before committing to the work.

So what I'm trying to say here is, I don't think you'll have much luck with the American service bulletins outside of the country, you could certainly try, but each country seems to be operated somewhat differently in terms of the dealer network policies.
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone
Appreciate 0