Quote:
Originally Posted by PSEE View Post
How is a dealer NOT going to see the fact that you've CHANGED THE SOFTWARE
???

As soon as the dealer connects your car to their computer, they'll see the s/w
version, etc. running on your car. They know about the BMW s/w releases. If
it's not one of those, I'd be seriously concerned about what happens to one's
4/50 warranty.

I'm all for performance - I'll be damned if I'm going to toss my warranty - after
the privilege of paying $$$ for a tune that'll be wiped out by the dealer - when
they re-install factory-approved s/w.

Perhaps this UK tuner can get factory backing line Dinan has?

When you get the tune the software versions are not changing. You have to know what you are looking for. Those who understand the settings and tables within the ECU would – and its only those people within BMW that could say its not standard. Not the dealer level.

If your going in for a update on your DME that has to be done and your concerned about your warranty you can send it back and we can flash it back to stock. Then when it has been updated you can send it back and have it flashed. Also all updates are not going to erase the DME. It depends on what its for.

Dinan's warranties just match the factory BMW warranty. So if you have dinan products they are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. So its not BMW warranting Dinan parts that fail. Its Dinan matching BMW warranties time for Dinan parts. Otherwise if your vehicle is out of warranty from BMW it is a 2 year warranty after the date of purchase for Dinan parts.
Appreciate 0