09-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD3 View Post
What about TPMS? Do most of you get sensors and put them in your aftermarket rims?
Either have the shop transplant them from your existing wheels, or buy another set and have the shop do them. Depending on where you're located, it can be moderately difficult to find shops to mount/balance low profile tires and 19" wheels for a BMW, let alone deal with TPMS.

The easiest solution is to buy wheels, tires, and TPMS together from somewhere (like TireRack) that will ship it to you all good to go - just grab a jack and a torque wrench and put them on the car.

Also, regarding 19" wheels, especially aggressive looking ones: modify the exterior of the car first. The car will look odd running larger, more aggressive wheels and a totally stock exterior. On a pre-LCI E90, there's a number of things I'd do before wheels.