10-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
I wish you posted this earlier... before work on my car started... my car was out of commission for 5 months. If they can do something with 3 weeks, I might be able to help...

Thank you very much indeed. I am considering contacting other big turbo supliers like TEC or turbochargers.com

As I explained before, I dealt with many mitsubishi turbos in my life and my 6th sense tell me that it is the matter of finding the right source of turbos. The td04-9bs (fitted on the VR4/Stealth are cheap as hell), that is the closet Mitsubishi turbo I can think of , but the botton line here is that many people are unaware that the stock turbos are much cheaper that what you think, other small/medium size mitusbishi turbos are in the $425-450 new.

I am positive that if we all put the effort one of the companies/vendors I mentioned will be able to create us a turbo upgrade within our own turbo. Look at Dynamic Racing, they have a small market for the 3si(Stealth /VR4) they still managed to "create/fabricate" new upgrade turbos from scratch to replace the stock VR4 td04-9bs.

Look at what deadbolt enterprises have done in the past when they started on the WRXs, they created multiple bolt on turbos from scratchs with multiple choices(waste gate flapper mod, ported and polished job, bore out intake,bigger compressor or turbine wheel, etc).

I am willing to pitch in money for the shipping or whatever, I am a serious guy and I want to do something about it. If someone has a spare bad or good turbo please send me a PM. Forceperformance would like to work on your turbo as a prototype.

Thanks again
Appreciate 0