Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d SE;Mazda MX-5

Garage List
1990 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2005 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppernick View Post
Yes, Bridgestone RE050. I think different people has different thresholds. My definition of 'comfortable' is probably 'harsh' to you. Afterall, I ran round London in an M3 with track suspension (TEIN coilovers), solid bushes and thick roll bars for a year. I could feel every pebble on the road I drove on, but I like that sort of feedback, and the car to stay as flat as possible taking corners at 'fun' speeds :rocks:

I would describe my current setting with 19" and lowered suspension as a lot smoother than what I was used to. I drove an E90 325i Sport on 18"s and I find that a tad 'woolley' going round corners, although IMO an adequately comfortable ride for daily driving.
M3 sounds great, even if it made your teeth rattle. I like it that the ride on mine is firm but the tramlining is annoying now and again, and passengers have commented on the bouncing at the rear that's occasionally noticable on certain surfaces.

So, 'ring trip aside, is the E92 going to be your road and track car now or have you got something else up your sleeve?

Quote:
Not yet The E92 has a lot more mechanical grip than the E46, and what I have experienced on the road over the past 3 weeks, the 335D has a lot more to offer. I found the traction limit of my M3 at the Ring running on normal road tyres in the dry, I intend to find that of my E92 there come July. Although it'll be a challenge to harness the power with an open rear diff.

Steering is definitely more direct than the E46, and the feedback is very good, much better with the H&R springs.
Interesting, thanks. One of my current lust items is an M3 CS. Not that I'm in any position to buy one for the next couple of years. 335i or d makes an interesting comparison.

Cheers, Jon
Appreciate 0