View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #50
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
So, you don't believe Tim Henman and you believe that Richard Littlejohn is telling the truth about the Paraguay shirt?

I find that utterly astounding, really I do. Never let the facts interrupt a fixed attitude, eh?

As for your hearing anti English comments in Edinburgh, I totally believe you. Funnily enough, Scots hear plenty of anti Scots comments when in England and even at home.

I remember an English director of the national company I worked for visiting our site in Scotland and none of us had ever met him before. He was shown around, saw the state of the contract and came out with "not bad for a bunch of Jocks". Now maybe he might have been one of these people whose humour is of the straight faced variety but during his entire visit there was no other evidence of humour so we just put it down to his belief system.

But my main beef is when someone, like those two journalists, takes an innocuous comment out of context and then use it to persuade his public of a viewpoint which he obviously has and is a complete fabrication about the person in question then that's just plain nasty, and the fact that urban myths can be sustained for so long despite the truth being in the open, makes me despair.
Appreciate 0