09-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo Tv View Post
I might add that I have a 16gb and 64gb USB stick and the 16 is the preferred size for me (Both are the cheapo brand 'Team - Colour Turn'). It just takes the car way too long to 'read' the 64 that in a short 20 minute drive, it still hadn't completed. At least with the 16 it only takes around 5 minutes.

I should note that further investigation is required to determine why the 64 takes so long to read, they are both the same brand so shouldn't be hardware related.

Also - if you want playlists, I use 'oddgravity' Playlist Creator ver 3.6. Its free and works a charm. Just save as m3u file in a folder called 'Playlists' and it works.
That's really odd. I have a 120 GB hard drive connected by a USB Y-splitter (1 plug does power + data, the other provides power) with AAC/MP3's, and lossless WMA's converted from ALAC files. All in all, it's got approx. 75 gigs of media. I can access the file structure (artist-->album) in approx. 2 minutes, but it takes much, much longer for the car to actually parse the drive so I can select an artist, a genre, etc. or search the drive/select a playlist--maybe an hour or more for that. But I just always use the browse function.

The only piece of advice I have is make sure your file structure is reasonable (so not like...1000 MP3's in a single folder, that'll just piss the car off) and that the drive is formatted in FAT32.
Appreciate 0