View Single Post
      12-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
hjs1971
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5m, 2012 m6 convertible

Update to the update...got a flat in the left front the other day and replaced the fronts with one of the last sets of 225/40zr 18's anywhere. I really didn't want to go back to these tires but didn't want to spend $1000 on 4 new tires since the rears still have 50% tread left, at least. I'm eventually going M6 reps and Michelin ps all the way around but want to do that next tax refund so I went cheap this time, $258 for 2 Goodyear f1 all season directionals isn't bad at all. They discontinued the tire awhile ago and now have an asymetric all season. I live in FL and don't want all seasons but I keep finding myself in this stupid position! Anyway, after 14k miles, the fronts were down to about 40% and get louder by the day. They still tram line bad but stick pretty good and def hold their own in the wet. I never used them in snow. I was amazed at how quiet the new ones are, just means they are going to get louder now. Since i can't find replacement rears, these fronts will be for sale in about a year, anybody want 'em? Lol!
Appreciate 0