View Single Post
      02-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iclukay View Post
I know BMW's are built very well, in fact I'd go as far as to say they are the best built production cars available, thats why I am miffed that they put such an apparantly cheap fuel door locking mechanism.

The car is still under warranty and I can have it fixed, but its just going to break again.

The subs are actually in enclosures that fire upwards, In my experience and other cars this has actually proven to be the best setup, but maybe BMW's are different.... are you suggesting that they should fire into the cabin? I don't have the ski pass-through in my car.

It IS only a little vibration, I am HORRIFIED at the amount of people that drive around in their accords with bass so loud their bumpers are about to fall off. I keep it low, but the stock system just doesn't have enough bump.....

bottom line is the fuel door mechanism is CHEAPLY MADE. there. I said it. I'm probably going to hell for saying a part on a BMW is cheaply made, but it had to be done.

It isn't worth getting it fixed if its just going to break again, I think I'll go the 3M fastener route.

It's going to hurt
Or not designed to take a 105db 35Hz bass note.
Appreciate 0