View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #35
GI335I
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I'm just wondering how this swap is "free" for you. Is he keeping your automatic trans and related parts (driveshaft, pedals, etc.) in exchange for the manual trans, parts and labor? I'm trying to figure out how the guy doing the swap is making any $$$ doing this for you.
He keeps my tranny, pedals, driveshaft, gives me tranny, pedals, driveshaft, codes the car, and I'm off without spending a dime. Around here labour $ is a joke. he actually makes 500$ from the swap.

Regarding the z4 tranny, we swap, i give him nothing.
Regarding the man who has a 6mt 335 and wants to swap, he gives 1500$ to my mechanic, my mechanic swaps both trannies, takes 500$ and gives me 1000$. so basically i get 6mt and 1000$ lol, the reason why I'm waiting and didn't swap yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle08 View Post
How to convert your car from automatic to manual

Step 1) Sell your automatic transmission car
Step 2) Buy a manual transmission car
Step 3) ???????
Step 4) Profit
In USA, yes. Around here, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
+1
To me this whole tranny swap sounds way harder to process than an engine swap...........! Why didn't you buy it "that" way to begin with?

Well Maverick, you're kinda right, but over here the market for 335s is rather small. Didn't find a used clean 6mt 335. So I brought a clean auto 335 with a swap in mind. And besides, my mechanic said its a piece of cake. An average e92 tranny swap takes him about 4-5 hours to complete. +He swapped around 20-25 e92/e90 trannies till now.

Too much mods to list..
Appreciate 0