05-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #1893
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Steal View Post
I wrote a couple paragraphs but I came back and edited because who cares......Some quick points instead:

1.Thanks for the advice....but I dont need it. We do business with multi million dollar clients and we choose our clients. So your statement...."I wouldn't be caught dead talking about my financial situation with someone with a scratched up watch that hasn't been taken care of." Dont worry we wouldn't do business with you either.

2.I was joking around about the mods- obviously. I never said they were a good investment....however watches are not either. If you think they are, I could show you portfolio that would make you reconsider. If you want to waste your money on watches ....go for it ..you only live once.

3. I also think its funny to hear that I need to "step up my game" really? I can retire yesterday and I am 47 - so no ..I dont need to "step up my game". I have been doing this for 25 years and when you know what your doing, and can prove it through results, you dont need car salesman tricks like a show off watch to impress people...

4. I would suggest that if you are looking for an investment advisor you get your head out of the condesending cloud your in, and start grading your investment advisor and people in general, by what they do, not how they look or what they own.

Thats one of the problems with this world....too many materialistic drones, judging others based on looks, skin color, watches, aligator belts ....lol what a joke....
I don't disagree with you. People are ridiculously materialistic. You find yourself in a good position where that isn't a problem, which is good!

But the reality for most people is they have to be a player in the game if they want to be taken seriously. Your circumstances are fortunate and allow you to be who you are, lucky you. Most of the rest of us won't be that lucky in life.

Reality is along the lines of what I explained however for most of the world.

My comments weren't meant to be an attack, but advice. After re-reading them, I realize they come off as an attack, and I apologize.

I do grade my investors, and am in the process of firing one who isn't cutting it. He works for multi-million dollar investors and he sucks . I don't know how he got as high up as he did. It's unfortunate, but reality.
Appreciate 0