View Single Post
      01-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #67
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastalbmw View Post
07' 335i....on it's 4th HPFP as of yesterday.....2nd one in 60 days.

Supposedly I received the "new" part manufactured by the new vendor for BMW in December.....still no good.

I opened a case with BMW yesterday and asked them to buy the car back. I am the 2nd owner (CPO), first owner had it replaced under a recall notice 1 time - I assumed that fixed the problem....I had not read all the posts.

The representative made it sound like it would be no problem since it has been in the shop for 45 of the last 60 days.

When I took it in yesterday after going into Limp mode on a rainy slicked freeway, they advised it was a bad injector in cylinder #6 (I was having long cranks for about 4 days). I had to argue the point to test the HPFP regardless of no fault code. They were reluctant but did it...3 hours later they replaced the HPFP as well.
Sorry for your trouble. I gather that the last pump that failed in your car was made in December 2009. Since you are the 2nd owner, you likely do not know if the part number of the last failed pump was -881 or -943? It would be interesting to find out, since -943 has so far not been reported as failed. I can understand your frustration - good luck in your case with BMW.
Appreciate 0