spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
JB4 G5 Open Loop fueling for those w/ timing drops

Hopefully this will help with others who are experiencing the same thing...

It's been "chilli" lately here in Sarasota, FL and I've been getting many timing drops from running an E50 mix. My OL setting was manually set to 95 and I've kept that setting because it's usually 90+ degrees out and that setting prevents timing drops.

But come to find out, when it's below 70 degrees, my car starts to experience multiple timing drops where it would ramp up to 10degrees, then drop back down to 6 and ramp up to 10, then drop again, with my LPFP going below the value of 50 (some logs showed 38), then would instantly jump back up to 70-80.

After shared emails for support thinking it was my LPFP, I finally figured out how to stabilize my LPFP and clean up my timing. I adjusted my OL to 75 and the car is finally happy with a smooth ramp up in timing.

Even with my timing drops (2-3 drops depending on gear), I still managed to trap 112mph this past weekend. Now that I have it solved, I can't wait to finally go back to the track

The first log is w/ OL @ 95, the second log is OL @ 75
Attached Images

Appreciate 0