Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bagged E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
LOL.

Man, you guys worry waaaay to much. It's a timing chain and is designed to last the life of the engine; just the same as the oil pump, bearings, pistons, rings, and all the other internal engine parts. If it had a replacement interval, then BMW would design the engine to easily replace it (e.g. a timing belt).

Yes, it cold fail due to improper assembly, or a manufacturing defect in one of the parts in the system, but it is DESIGNED to last the life of the engine. The design-life of the engine is well past 150,000 miles.

Read manutdas11 post, does that sounds like it lasted the life of the engine? you must be from the stealership because that's what they all say

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Just make sure the chain guide is alright. Mine broke off and the rattle its makes sounds similar to the infamous ticking of the lifters. I didn't replace it and went a few months thinking it was the lifters and...it blew a hole in the oil pump and caused my vacuum pump to fail therefore causing loss of power to the brake booster and I had no brakes. Luckily I didn't have an accident as this all happened one night a few miles from home. I ended up replacing my engine.