Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs

Garage List
2008 335xi  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I'll make a thread to post some better pictures tomorrow once the tint finishes drying and there's actually sunlight out, but for now these should get the point across on how the dot matrix came out with the new Huper tint Brian recommended.

Here's a close up of one corner (the other looks the same). Some minor bubbling on the side, but the dot matrix itself is flawless.

I'm absolutely thrilled with how this came out. I've been putting off tinting for so long because I was afraid of that dot matrix, but now that I've got it done it looks great!
not bad from the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Maybe I'll pass on the kit and just get the filler primer, paint, and clear. I was moving at a walking pace so no gouge, just a bit of rash. Not sure if I'll need any bondo, I can post up a picture tomorrow for your professional opinion.

I have IPA (and paint thinner) to strip/clean the wheel and assorted sandpaper. And I'll definitely take the wheel off the car and mask it off very well.

Looks GREAT! If I had an E92, I'd have the same reservations about tint as you did. But it looks like they did a great job!
i got paint thinner, red bondo, & primer if you need it. just don't have the perfect matching paint. I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer to work on my winter setup.
Appreciate 0