03-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
nysour335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post
Im definetly going to need this done soon. Im in nassau county so its not too far. The $350 includes taking out the intake manifold and parts, doing the job, and then reassembling with any new gaskets that were taken apart?

Stupid question, is it actually a walnut shell? Lol... And how do you keep the pieces from going inside the motor?
1. Yes the service we offer includes everything BMW would do, including replacing the intake manifold gaskets with oem and if necessary, replacing the nuts on the head bolts (usually they come off fine, no thread damage...BMW makes very well made parts)

2. Not a stupid question, i actually laughed pretty hard when i found out the whole deal, but basically BMW deemed grinder walnut shells of a certain grain size to be a NON ABRASIVE cleaning element. Therefore it does not have the ability to damage any of the head, valves, pistons, plugs etc...even though the carbon blasting machine is highly pressurized. The job is done when the car is at TDC. After consulting a BMW technician, he informed us that there is a certain tool that BMW makes to lock the first 3 valves into TDC and then after turning the engine over again, locks the other 3 in TDC, which would close the opening into your compression chamber and block any walnuts from going in. However, as a cautionary measure, we like to use an attachment that comes with the Carbon blasting machine to blast out, (through the spark plug hole) any walnuts that might have slipped through.

Basically you will leave here just as happy as you would from a BMW dealer just a lot less broke and even get a classy wood grain smell in the car for a bit lol

But if you or anyone else has any questions on how we go about performing our services, feel free to message me on here or text me anytime @ 718-440-7666
Appreciate 1