E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
So happy that the BBC commentators don't treat us as if it's the first time we've seen a race car in our lives. Every time the SpeedTV crew talks about the way Qualifying works or tells us the most elementary items of knowledge about the cars, I want to walk into their studio and tell them to just shut the fark up. They sound like fools. "Hey look Bob, those black things at the edges of the cars, those are T I R E S, say it with me, tires. Very similar to what you used on your Camry to drive to work today"

If an NFL announcer used the first 5 minutes of every game to explain what a touchdown was, and what the ball looks like, you'd have TV viewers changing to another channel or hitting mute.
Actually, I recall Martin Brundle did occasionally (not as often and annoying as SpeedTV) explain to casual viewers about tyre (yes, use British tyre instead) regulations, DRS, and KERS. But very briefly and very tolerable.

But during pre-race show and most of the time in the race, they provide more in-depth views, analysis, and explanation. Like the F1 tyres aren't actually rubber, they are synthetic material to provide grip.