View Single Post
      05-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
Unhappy Car booked in to BMW yet AGAIN~!!!!!!

Yesterday was cold here in Melbourne, had the heater running and windscreen forged up so I switched the front dimisters on.... BANG BANG BANG SHUDDER SHUDDER SHUDDER .... the car went!

On full speed fan setting, the dash is vibrating like no tomorrow and makes a loud (painfull!!) sound when it's on. Its something to do with the fan for the air-con/ heater under the glove box area.

So I ring BMW Doncaster and explain the situation, guy says to 'describe' the sound it makes when fan is on full blast, I was in my car anyhow so just switched it on for him. And he said it sounded like a V8 engine revving away in the microphone. OK, so he agrees with me its stupidly loud.

Then he asks me: "DO you park your car under trees at all?"

What the?? He explains that sometimes leaves or twigs can fall through the vents near the wiper blades in car!!!??? COME ON???? Will a leaf in the vent/ fan box thingie make that much noise????????????????????????

So Doncaster told me not to use fan untill they see to the problem. Problem is, they could only book my car in for June 6!!! Thats 3 weeks away!!

Mornington BMW can see me next week but they are yonks away from Rowville (in peak traffic...i'll be looking at 1 and a half) , same for city. The service doesnt bother me, I'm just annoyed that I seem to be having so many little problems with this car!!!!!

First airbags lights come on for no reason, then oil needed changing when dealer said its not due but computer was telling me to change oil at 10,000kms and now this blooming fan!!!

Sorry, just needed to type my frustrations out. Hmph... A Stupid Leaf.....???!!!!