yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' F32 AW MSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisE92 View Post
Yes.

Obviously, you should do this now so that you don't end up paying to paint two bumpers (stock AND m-tech in the future).

To restate what everyone else has already said:

- The m-tech rear bumper for both the 328i and 335i are identical, except for the diffuser.
- You can buy the 328i m-tech rear bumper now, and keep the stock 328i exhaust and stock 328i diffuser until you are ready to change the look.
- When you are ready, you can simply purchase a new diffuser made for 335i m-tech rear bumpers, and replace your 328i diffuser with it.
- In addition to changing the diffuser, you will need a custom exhaust setup if you want something that looks like a 335i.

I did this exact same thing years ago. I bought a 328i rear m-tech bumper and later replaced the diffuser with a carbon fiber one made for a 335i. Then I bought some quad tips, got custom piping done, and now my rear end looks like this.
cool! thanks alot chris! do you have any preferred exhaust tips or exhaust brand or anything like that?? i know its all personal preference, but are the remus and pe exhausts the usual ones people do?
Appreciate 0