12-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #63
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Kaigoss, would be interesting if you could model the IB3. I'd appreciate that.
Here you go:

Also the excursion with a 25Hz subsonic filter. Notice how not even the W7 gets much past 20 mm?

With all the reading I have done on this topic in the last few weeks, I have learned that you have to take these graphs with a grain of salt. While they can predict SPL (i.e. how loud they can get at various frequencies), they cannot predict how the subs will sound. I do know however that the Qtc value - the "Q" of the enclosure - will tell you whether or not the sound will be "boomy" or "tight", or somewhere in between. My personal preference is for a more controlled, "fast" sound with good impact, and I have found, through personal experience and feedback from others in the car audio scene who are running IB, that for this to happen your total Q needs to be somewhere in the 0.5 - 0.6 range. Anything closer to, and above 0.7 will start to get a bit too "boomy" for my taste, but others may prefer it. The Qtc system values for each modeled sub can be seen in the individual drivers' boxes.

Last edited by kaigoss69; 12-11-2012 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0