View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecvtec View Post
Need advice on bringing in car to dealership. This would be the 2nd time bringing it to the dealership. Almost got shafted $550 for diagnostic fee on headlights that weren't covered by CPO the first time. Recently put on catless downpipes and been getting smoke out the back. From reading threads i think that maybe that turbo seals are going out. I have e90 with 82k with CPO warranty until end of march 2013. I'm planning on making a video of the smoke to show them, tell them i'm losing oil/coolant and putting OEM dps back on. The only thing i'm afraid of is that when i put back the OEM dps (which does not produce smoke) and they say nothing is wrong with it i'm stuck with a diagnostic fee for nothing. Car is running strong and no other problems I can think of.

feedback appreciated! thanks
You're stuck...regardless they will want to see the smoke with stock DP's in their shop. I would install the Stock DP's and take that risk.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0