Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Based on reviews it seems the cool carbons give up the ghost eventually and start to judder when overheated, which I want to avoid. I'm probably going to run dedicated abrasive (when cold) race pads for track day weekends.

As for rotors, does anyone feel that two-pieces are a significant benefit on our cars over one-piece jobs in the thermal dept (obviously they are lighter)? I'm not aware whether OEM rotors use straight or curved vanes, so that's a big factor in the comparison.
Cool carbon pads are great for the street, but if you've ever done HPDE before, and push your car and braking zones. They will give out, they vibrate, fade, and would not recommend them for the track. They're good for beginners and that's about it.

I do use them for my street pads though, low dust, hardly any noise, and stop great with awesome stopping power (in street terms).

I've used Hawk DTC-70/60 combo, but for the price, I don't think they last long enough. Maybe 2-3 weekends or 4-5 days of hard HDPEs. Now I"m using Carbotechs XP16/12 combo, and so far I love them, they do have allot of torque so it depends on driving style. Will be trying the RS-29 Pagids once these go to test them out.