United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133 View Post
Only cars I see to continue to grow in value are
1) supra
2) diablo SV
3) acura NSX (hate the car, but 91 going for $40,000+ is silly)
if you are going to include the diablo there are certainly a ton of ferarri's that are appreciating in value, f40, enzo, and prob the new 599 gto as well,
not to mention mclaren f1's and tons of rare cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Z8s are going for less than they sold for new and rarely command over $100,000.

2002Tii are going for $10,000 to $20,000 ($25,000 in top condition) which is less than the least expensive 2011 3 Series.

First Generation M3 are not going for anything close to what a new M3 sells for,

The M3 lightweight is hard to determine the value of since less than 100 of then made it to the US, I have not seen one go for more thant he price of a new M3 and if it was going to be compared to any new model it would probably be the M3 GTS and they are not worth anuthing close to the value of the M3 GTS.

The 2800/3.0 CS coupes are not worth as much as a new 6 Series coupe.

M1s have sold for as much as $250,000. I am not sure if there is an equielent 2011 model but in any case they are worth more than any current BMW model and more than they sold for new so the M1 is an exception to my statement.

So while a number of BMW models are collectible and in my opinion very desirable they are in many cases affordably and reasonably priced (and some are probably underpriced) and represent very good value to collectors.

CA
z8's are commanding quite a bit (in very good condition), and the fact that they have not depreciated alone is remarkable for a car that is approaching 10 years on the market

and e30 M3's in pristine condition are worth well into the $30k's, and the value is still going up
While it may not command the ~$65k that an e9x m3 commands, it is still doing very well, and valued, at least among BMW enthusiasts, are revered as rare and collectible

This also brings up the point of what is collectible
Old muscle cars maybe collectible to people who are into muscle cars, but to me, there is very little appeal to a '69 boss GTO versus a pristine e30 m3

just my 2 cents

Previous SGM E90 330i (R.I.P.)
Appreciate 0