United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 328c N52 3.0L cabriolet

Garage List
2002 325xi  [0.00]
2009 328i cabriolet  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsantiago335 View Post
I recently did my oil change after BMW dealer did it under the maintenance program. so i ended doing the research on the mileage intervals and i decided that i would change the oil at every 7500miles, surprising the oil was still pretty dirty, as well i cut open the oil filter to read it and i found some little flacks of metal but i think its normal. I'm thinking of running Mobil 0w-40 oil instead and see how the holds up with the 7500miles DIY was a great help
This is the very reason that the hyper engineers at BMW eliminated the dip stick, so that you can't have a visual and change the oil just because it is BROWN and it looks DIRTY. Even though I do not believe in changing engine oil on an annual basis as prescribed by the CBS for low mileage owners (less than 10K miles/year), but I do not agree that just because the oil looks BROWN; then it is DIRTY and it must be changed. BMW oil rating of LL04 addresses to the issue of high sulfur content of unleaded gasoline in the US market so it is safe to follow the CBS based of oil intervals for the average drivers (25K miles/year). Low mileage owners are screwed by BMW since the CBS engine oil service intervals do not take into consideration for low mileage cars, and it is possible for engine oil not be changed for more than 12 months intervals if you drive less than 10K miles/year.

Sou fanático por conversíveis...

Last edited by hookah66; 11-27-2011 at 07:19 PM..
Appreciate 0