01-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #22
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
That's the thing though, the main reason to change would be to make it easier to get in and out the back so no point in going to a 3 door, I might as well keep the E93.

To be honest I'm struggling to find any modernish good looking 5 door hatchback\saloons, they all look rubbish these days.

5 series - too big for missus
e90 - hate the rear end
Golf's - Zzzzzzz
A4 - ZZzzzzz
S3 (5 door) - ugly
1 series - ugly
C class - Done the Merc thing

I've even resorted to looking at Seat Leons as it seems it's the last good looking mildly exciting hatchback available but not sure if I can go from a BMW to a Seat (just seems like a step back for some reason) I realise I've probably pissed a lof of owners of the cars above off with these comments so flame suit on.
No, I have a 1 series and am not at all offended by your comment. I have an art related honours degree so have highly trained eye balls that can appreciate beauty that you mere mortals cannot

I was actually going to suggest the Leon to you. Did you see the recent thread on the Supercoppa FR that another member just picked up. A few members chimed in (including myself) saying they owned or had driven one and all comments were positive. They really are very good. Fast and highly tuneable as well.

There's a new model just out. It doesn't have the hidden door handle style of the old one but It's still a cracking looking car and no doubt drives just as well as the last model. Sadly there are no fast ones yet.