08-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #78
jayhudson
Ex-CCA racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyrchan View Post
I saw in the forum last year that many weren't happy with the Tischner compact spare but had found a spare from Bavarian Autosport that worked better. However, I think it was for 17" wheels. I am looking to dump my RFTs but want to go with a compact spare but it has to fit 335xi, sport package, 18" wheels (162). Anyone have more information on this?
The size of the spare wheel, 16" vs 17" vs 18", really doesn't matter as long as the circumference of the tire is close to the same. The only issue would be clearance of brake calipers and suspension components.

I have the Tischer spare kit for my 328i. I've heard it will work for a 335 but have no personal experience. I believe the 335xi uses wheels with a different offset than a regular 335 but I suspect it's because of a different track width of the car. Probably wouldn't affect a spare wheel/tire solution.

Best thing you can do is find someone local to you who has a spare you can try on your car. Or, someone who's BTDT.

As a bit of info..... realoem dot com shows exactly the same part numbers for the 162 wheels on my '08 328i as your '08 335xi. Same offsets.

Good luck - Jay