danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I think there's a place for them and serious photography, including nature and wildlife, but it'll require and electronic viewfinder and no focus latency. The lighter body and shooting like 30-fps could make things very attractive. Moores law is going to make future processors smaller, lighter and more powerful and rethinking the body in digital cameras makes lots of sense.

If we can get rid of the prism, the body shape is free to go to its most efficient form. These early bodies are pretending that they need to look like old 35mm cameras, when there's little reason, other than tradition, to follow that form factor.

Some day , in the not too distant future, we might be plugging a sensor right into the back of our 5-lb, 1,000mm lens and having all the processing done in a little unit hung or our belt, in our pocket or in a backpack. We'll preview our output with a set of glasses that provides other functions, like range finding or IR viewing.

All the pieces are here, now we need a designer to put it together and deliver it to a market.

Dave
omg this. or even better an OVF.

screw it. give me a rangefinder with a FF sensor that uses the EF lenses. DONE.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0