View Single Post
      01-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #22
lichtgelb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
Though I already have Comfort Access (a must have option IMO), I'm still interested in seeing the final results of this project. I have a feeling it will be cost prohibitive when all is done.

This is why you don't see a lot of adaptive cruise retrofit projects due to the insane cost (both now and when ordered new). Im a cruise junky but it's too much to swallow for a retrofit project (and I never saw a single used car being sold when I was shopping with this option).
My F10 has adaptive cruise with stop and go. I might not have checked this expensive option if I bought it new but damn if it isn't the shiznit. On my first real road test I drove between Wichita and KC without ever hitting the brake or gas pedal. While everyone else is jockeying for position on the road you just set the following distance and speed and let everyone else knock themselves out passing each other. Come up on a slow right laner with three faster cars on your left blind spot? No worries, just let the cruise follow until the left lane is clear to pass.

But you want real luxury opt for comfort close doors. I used to close the door myself but my F10 shuts them for me lol.
Appreciate 0