View Single Post
      11-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #2470
geminimadman
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi metalic silver

Update:

So i talked to my bmw mechanic and found out he uses lubro molly (made in germany) for customers that want premium oil. Otherwise if they just want oem spec he uses castrol.

Also, I started my car the other morning and came back out (i usually let it warm up for a good ten minutes prior to driving due to the fact I tend to drive with a lead foot ) this time the ticking was very present. I turned the car off and back on and it immediately went away and hasnt come back. Hopefully changing to better oil and going to 0w-40 instead of 5w-30 will make a difference. I will most likely do the HVA bleed procedure as well.

an interesting note: I was at the auto store this weekend and was looking at their premium "euro" car oils and all the ones had LL-04 NOT LL-01 ratings. So that leads me to believe that obviously LL-04 rated oil is not for cars sold in europe as someone stated previously and that LL-04 wouldnt ruin any of the North American N52's.

Either way im going with the lubro molly, bleed procedure, and if needed i will have him quote me on the lifters and start saving for that.
Appreciate 0