View Single Post
      11-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
hshah603
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

2011 BMW 328i - iPhone 4 USB Integration Issues

Hi everyone. I just recently bought a 2011 328i. My first BMW after driving various Toyota / Lexus vehicles for the last 8-10 years.

I have been trying to connect my iPhone to the car via USB so that I can play Spotify through the car speakers. I have a iPhone 4. I first tried a random Belkin iPhone cord (USB only), then tried an official Apple cord and finally purchased and tried the official BMW cord (with both USB + Aux).

Each time I had the exact same issue. I plug it in, go to the "External Devices" section, see my iPhone Name connected with USB, click on it, have Spotify up and playing on the phone. First I get a message saying "this device is not optimized for this iPhone," press "dismiss" and then all seems OK. Press play in Spotify and I hear the sound OK for about 20 seconds and then it goes out and I no longer see my iPhone connected in "External Devices" (the option gets grayed out). This back and forth connecting and then dropping connection happens over and over, each time I unplug and re-plug it in.

The same occurs if I use Pandora instead of Spotify.

I have a iPhone 4. Just installed iOS5 this morning and have not tried this since. Maybe iOS5 will solve this issue, but I'm not sure since it was working for a few seconds even without upgrading to iOS5.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0