View Single Post
      02-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #20
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
One question - did you tighten fitting-to-hose as opposed to fitting-to-fitting (where the hose joins the cooler/thermostat)? These hoses aren't crimped on, but instead use a screw-together technique. The hose slips over the small pipe at the backside of the fitting and that tapered collar then screws onto the fitting itself and clamps the hose tight. Check on that first, and if it's as tight as it will go (they're aluminum and soft, so be careful), then you will likely want to get new hoses. Those in the link you supplied are the right ones, but you need to be sure to get the right length and the correct style fittings (straight or angled).
yep, I tightened it to the thermostat then tighten them together. They guy in the link said he can make them, I am going to measure them so there is no slack either. I haven't got a price yet.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0