Rep
Drives: 1995 740iL

Garage List
1995 BMW 740iL  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
I was in the exact same position when I was your age and had the exact same goals. I didn't have the means nor the knowledge to know even where to start. I loved cars especially BMW's so I decided to become a lot attendant at my nearest BMW dealer after high school. I worked there for not more than 6 months and learned there was no possible way to build up from that position. I did get to at least drive every BMW that came in and by far the most memorable was the z8 that just came out. So I moved on and went to work in a body/mechanic shop as an apprentice mechanic to learn about fixing cars and how things work. As the days went on, my passion started to fade. I didn't have any post secondary education and I was busting my ass every day and leaving with dirty hands and an oily face every night. I lost my love for cars and the curiosity was long gone after about 1 year in the shop. I moved on and got a degree in business and the rest is history.

What I'm trying to say is that you're still 16 and you just started driving. Its a very long road ahead and for the majority of us, it's much better to have cars as a hobby than a profession. IMO, best way to know is to work on cars and see if the love/passion persist. Damn I wish I was 16 again. I do hope that someone with such background chime in and give you the low down. But who are we to judge, dream big.
Don't listen to naysayers. (j/k Nkc, )

I knew what I wanted to do professionally when I was 10 years old. If you know that you're born to do something, then do it and don't ever let anyone convince you that you can't.

It's a cliche, but you really can do anything you set your mind to, you just need determination and hard work -- and if you love doing it, it doesn't actually feel like work at all.

(You need talent too, but I've never heard about someone being really dedicatedly passionate about something that they had no talent for.)
Thank you