01-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #37
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DEE View Post
+1 on the superchips .. I had the bluefin on my Focus ST and e90 330d and it was great .. faultless on both cars. When I bought the 335d i got SC to send me the map for the 335d ( after coughing up a couple of hundred)

What a horrible experience , the car would judder mid range and generally felt like it was misfiring , fuelling issue . I'm guessing that the car SC used to generate the standard map was guff because there are a fair few bods out there who seem to have issues with the SC 335d map

I went back to them several times , each time they adjusted something on the map and sent it back. Eventually they got rid of the juddering but they messed around with the map so much no one knew what was going on. I even offered to travel to them several times to put my car on their rollers and sort it out. Each time they came up with some naff and transparently shit excuse.

The only lingering issue with the map was that the car would safe mode at 140 mph+ After taking it to ecotune , it was diagnosed the issue as the torque request figures were so large the system didn't know what to do with the values hence safe mode.

Suffice to say the BF controller is gathering dust in the corner
This was like my experience - good on one car, horrible on another. I will not be going back.
Appreciate 0