View Single Post
      06-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #22
tmac01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Hey Makkan,
First off I have to say after tonight I go this system sounding amazing even without the center working. My buddy who has installed for years swears it sounds and looks competition ready. I know I will have issues come up but for now its this one with the center so let me answer your questions:
1. Yes Logic 7 is on
2. No noise through calibration setup all other channels good
3. No RCA in channel 7

I actually ran the center through channel 5 and recalibrated and it didn't work I didn't try 8 that's where my sub is that a specific channel you think I should tryor just another channel like I did? As far as you not soliciting me to get another amp please solicite I greatly appreciate your help and all the others on here. I have an amazing stereo now and I'm down to one major issue and several small ones without you guys I'd be lost. Thank you so much Makkan : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Your frustration is normal.
Few things for you to consider.
1- Check in the MS-8 menu if your L7 channels is turned on.
2- During the calibration, do you hear the noise through central channel?
3- Is there any RCA cable connected to channel 7 and if yes, MS-8 will assume that you have connected it to external amp and signals will go to that RCA. Take out any RCA if connected to channel 7.
4- If answer to 1 is yes, 2 is yes and 3 is no, and still no joy, connect the central speaker to CH8 through internal amp of MS-8 and re-calibrate.

I am not soliciting you not to use the external amp but suggesting you to treat the root cause and then do what you like.
All the best.
Appreciate 0